Vacations are so good for our minds and body but it’s hard to get back on schedule once you come home. Here’s a list of travel wods because let’s face it, you can squat anywhere. You can do walking lunges anywhere, push ups, sit ups, sprints, yeah you can do those too. 😉
Travel Wod App ($1.99)
Eating out can also get you off track, making you feel sluggish (and guilty). Go, have fun, eat your favorite dessert but maybe don’t do it every night. If you want to stay somewhat on track here are some tips on how to do it.
* Plan your meals – aim for at least 2 clean meals a day, that means your first stop is grocery shopping before hitting the beach or pool
* Eat before going to dinner, a boiled egg and an apple will keep you from reaching for bread and fried appetizers
* Work out in the morning, you’ll be more likely to eat a good breakfast
* Pack your lunch. Everywhere. (You’re packing a cooler for the beach anyway, right?)
* Make your friends do a quick beach wod with you, sand sprints anyone?
* Smoothies are your best friend, don’t forget to pack your protein powder before you leave town
* Have a game plan of what you will order before arriving at the restaurant, you won’t be tempted as much by all the other food on the menu when you have made a conscious decision on a full belly early in the day
Last, here’s four store-bought-in-a-package-paleo-friendly-snack-atttack foods that will keep you on track.
– Wholly Guacamole 100 calorie packs (Kroger, Wal Mart etc.)
– Good Sense Plantain Chips (Not sure if these are at Whole Foods in Nashville) Trader Joe’s has some too
– Food Should Taste Good Sweet Potato Chips (NOT the tortilla chips) these are hard to find, you can get them online too.
– Perfect Bars (Whole Foods)
If you have a tip you think should be added please comment on facebook or below, would love to hear your thoughts!